Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ray of Light

I kept moving!

Oh, my goodness, I think today was the hardest day yet (well out of the 3 I've been doing it) to get up and stay up. But through nothing short of the strength of the Lord I was able to keep moving. I read my scriptures at the table instead of on the couch...really I've done everything possible to not look at the couch...out of sight out of mind, right? And it's working! It's nearly 4pm and I haven't napped yet, phew! I think I can make it!

I hope others are finding these Rays of Light inspiring because it is sure making a difference in my life. As I originally mentioned, the more you make a point of noticing the little (and sometimes HUGE) blessings in your life, the more grateful you feel overall. We are truly SO blessed to have a loving Heavenly Father who is truly aware of what we need and what we're feeling. I am blessed!

4 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

And one of the best parts is that if you ever feel like stopping, you can come back and re-read how good moving made you feel and use it as motivation.

I love you, Marianne! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Vicky said...

I am LOVING the Ray of Light posts! Keep them coming!

I have a few Rays of my own I'm going to email you on... when I have a chance.

Mara Hinton said...

I have a GREAT ray of light! My husband has been trying to get an internship since March (so that he can graduate in December) but all these places he's been applying have been emailing him after his interview and saying, "Well, we loved you, but we're hiring someone else." So it's been really scary, because there's only a week and a half left before he has to find one. But today he interviewed with a food bank in Provo, and they offered it to him on the spot! It's so wonderful how, even when we think the Lord isn't hearing our prayers, that He really is paying attention and looking out for us, and just waiting to guide us to the right place/people.

Marianne said...

Oh, YAY, Mara! That is SO stressful to be waiting and SO wonderful to finally know. That truly is a "Ray of Light." Thanks for sharing!