Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Just Like Dory!

Many days, these last three days particularly (as I mentioned in other posts, Bradley started preschool this week and so I have to be up and going much sooner than I'd been letting myself do in the past while) I find myself having to say, "Keep Moving! DO NOT sit down! You may be slow, but at least you're moving!" When I'm feeling a bit more goofy, I find myself thinking, "Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming! What do we do we swim, swim, swim!" (Like Dory from Finding Nemo) As dumb as it may sound, it really helps.

SO Often, I just want to crash on the couch after getting up...it's definitely the easier thing to do, but I'm always SO upset that I didn't get anything done. So despite the exhaustion I feel, overall I'm much happier if I just keep moving. Sometimes I seriously have to muster ALL of the motivation and energy I've got to keep moving, but again, it's always worth it. And sometimes I've even made a point of praying to be able to keep moving. I suppose that's active faith, to prayer for help in being proactive in getting what I believe is best for me (learning to work with the depression, not be defined by it.)

I first read this idea in The Ultimate Career, but it didn't sink in then. Thankfully I had it in the back of my mind to really help me now.

2 comments:

Mauri said...

Marianne...
There are lots of days I say that exact thing to myself...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.
Nathan laughs at me...but we ALL need encouragement!
HUGS FOR YOU!

HeatherH said...

That is so funny because I was just saying that to myself this morning. These past few days I haven't showered til 10 or 10:30 and it's mostly because I stop moving! I totally understand the temptation to lay back down after the kids are up and fed. I'll have to keep saying that to myself, because I certainly get a lot more done! Love you!!