Monday, August 11, 2008

Overwhelming Support

I would like to thank all of you that have shown your overwhelming support for my blog. Blogging scares me to death, but I knew this was something I needed to do. I felt very inspired that this could be both a way to help others, and an outlet/forum to discuss my experience. I know that some of the ideas expressed here are mine, but many come from above and the clarity and way in which I am writing is also LARGELY aided by spirit of the Lord. I'm not trying to be modest, just honest.

I welcome comments and ideas from anyone. I truly believe that we have all felt moments of depression and therefore can at least appreciate what I'm saying to a certain extent. I also know that I don't have a monopoly of good ideas or ways of coping so again, I would welcome your input.

Please feel free to share this with friends, family, or even just acquaintances that you feel could benefit from participating in my blog. I truly feel that being open and honest about our struggles and discussing them freely is one of the best ways to overcome them.

Thank you again for your support...it truly means more to me than you could ever know...it's really an answer to many prayers.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I appreciate your openness in this blog. PPD terrifies me because it could happen to anyone, even those who've never struggled with depression before. I think you are an awesome mom and woman and have dealt with this much better than you think. You were there for me when I was struggling those first few months of motherhood, even though you were struggling yourself. You are very self-less and caring. I hope you continue to get the help and support that you need and deserve!