Friday, August 15, 2008

Ray of Light

I LOVE Fridays...for the obvious reasons, but especially since Ryan is usually home. And today my "Ray of Light" is that Ryan is currently with the boys shopping! YIPEE! No, he's not doing the grocery shopping...that's still usually my job, but none the less he has the boys with him and I have a little time to myself.

An added benefit that I didn't expect was some validation on how hard it is to get 2 boys out the door. Sure I helped some, but mostly I just let Ryan figure it out by himself. I feel bad that the boys were so trying for him, but it was nice to see that I'm not the only one that wants to pull my hair out after the process of getting my 2 busy boys in the car.

Oh, and another "Ray of Light," I got to sleep in until just before 9!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

I totally agree with you about feeling validated when the dad has to get the kids out the door! Paul hasn't had many opportunities to do it, but maybe now I'll give him some more. Maybe that will help me feel better about not making it out of the house practically this whole week.

Mom said...

Your comments about a Dad and his children remind me of Elder Ballard's last conference talk. I'm sure his wife, sitting in the choir that one Sunday, felt exactly the same way you did! Regarding this blog, I think you have created a beautiful piece that will not only help you but will hopefully reach into the heats of others who need it.