Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ray of Light

***Disclaimer: I've been trying to write the first few lines of this post for several minutes, but I've been having a bit too much help...I'm just glad that my kids want to be around me (I guess that's a "Ray of Light" in and of itself), but no promise that this post will be at all coherent.***

Today I have 2 "Rays of Light" that are kind of interrelated.

Yesterday, as I mentioned, was a really good and productive day, but last night was HORRIBLE. I just could get to sleep. I woke up several times and even had to get up to take a Ibuprofen because I was having back spasms...blah! I admit, I was REALLY worried that I was going to crash today. But I was SO thankful that the Lord gave me enough clarity of mind to be able reevaluate my expectations for today. So instead of trying to get my exercising in BEFORE taking Bradley, I went ahead and took it a little slower this morning and decided to walk the boys around the neighborhood after preschool. It wasn't he BEST exercise I've done, but I got it done, I got Bradley to school EARLY (gasp...I know!), got the errands done that I needed to, and was there on time to pick him up. So although different than I'd planned it still worked out.

And my second "Ray of Light" was some good quality time with Braeden. I did still have a few errands during the first part of Bradley's preschool, but we got back with about an hour to spare. So Braeden and I had some time to play. We colored with sidewalk chalk, he threw balls in my flowers while I was trimming the dead daisies, we kicked around a soccer ball, and then played with a HUGE red rubber ball. It was just fun to play with him alone. With him as a 2nd child, that doesn't happen so much. I'm so thankful for the 3 days a week that Braeden and I get some quality time.

No comments: