Thursday, September 4, 2008

Up and Ready!

I've heard many people say there is power in getting up and getting ready first thing each morning. I agree with that like 75%. :)

I have found that getting ready each day has made a HUGE difference in how I feel. I do have to be realistic and realize that I may not get the "first thing each morning" part of the suggestion, but I do get ready EACH day. I've found that even if I don't get ready until 4 or 5 pm (sad, but it does happen some times) it still makes a difference.

When I look at myself right after getting out of bed, well to say the least, I'm not a huge fan of what I see. I'm not down grading myself, but like most people, I don't love my "morning look." If I continue on like that all day, then I just never feel good about myself. I used to do the pony tail thing ALL the time, but it really wasn't a good look for me.

***An Aside: I have NO problem with pony tails. Many people look lovely in them,
but trust me, pony tails on me are for exercising or working out in the yard...not my best look. Also, for me it is totally a cop out. That's why I have short hair, that's not even an option I'm going to give myself because I know I'd get lazy and just not do it. Then all of my effort to actually get ready would really only be for odor removal.***
For me, getting ALL THE WAY ready is what makes the biggest difference. I think then I'm also taking the chance to show myself that I'm worth it and that I can look good.
So my biggest "blues buster" is getting ready: shower, hair, make-up and all!

4 comments:

Vicky said...

I agree with you on the ponytail thing... it looks cute on a lot of girls, but on me... it looks like I ran out of time. I also keep my hair shorter because when it's longer I fall into a ponytail rut. Some days I wish I could do it, but for the most part, I too feel better when I actually do my hair.

Anonymous said...

That's why I keep my hair short, too!! When it gets long, I get lazy.

Lovely Lisa said...

I've found this to be true as well. I can get away with one day of no makeup and not washing my hair before I feel lousy.

But I'm a fan of ponytails. I don't even know if they look good on me. I just can't stand having my hair by my ears all the time.

HeatherH said...

It really is true - I went two days last week with an awful ponytail! (My hair is pretty short right now so you can just imagine).

Yesterday and today I was showered by 8 and it made such a difference!