Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ray of Light

RYAN'S HOME!

I'm a little paranoid since I have a public blog, so I didn't mention that Ryan was gone. But he's been out of town since EARLY (i.e. 5am) Thursday morning and needless to say he was a sight for sore (and VERY tired) eyes when he got home this morning.

Maybe we're just silly and mushy, but even after 8 years of marriage I HATE to have him gone. He's just so apart of my life and I can't imagine life without him. It was even harder this time since we barely had a chance to talk. He was so busy in meetings and what not that I think the entire time he was gone we spoke for like 20 minutes, maybe. And anyone that knows me knows I like to talk, so yeah...that was torture.

Anyway, he's back home now and hopefully the next business trip will be a while in the future.

Thanks to all of you that helped me out during his trip. It was just nice to have visits from friends, and help babysitting from my parents so that I could keep my sanity.

**An Aside: Something that is helpful to remember...I think it's hard for anyone to have their husband gone and to play the "single parent" game, but like pretty much anything stressful when you have depression, you have to multiply how hard it is because you've always got this base level of stress going on and it is SO much harder to keep the delicate balance of sanity.**

4 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

Having your sweetie gone is tough in the best of circumstances!

HeatherH said...

Yea! I'm so glad you survived!!

Em said...

Good for you!! You have always been so active, it's awesome that you were able to start something up there too!! Hope you guys are having fun and glad Ryan is back!!

Brenda said...

Yes, having Sam gone is no fun. It does tend to get easier somewhat because you figure out how your survived last time (ie. what worked), then you just do it again. Each time though, there is always something different that comes up, so I just try to be flexible, remind myself to do what I can, and leave the rest to Heavenly Father.

*hugs* thanks for blogging!