Monday, September 1, 2008

Ray of Light

So let me catch you up on a few "Rays of Light" from the weekend.

*First on Friday night I got to actually GO OUT with Ryan and some friends and it wasn't even our anniversary (heck, since that happened the weekend before we actually WENT OUT 2 weekends in a row...it's a new post-kids record).

*Saturday I got to go get my hair cut. I was holding out attempting to grow it out, yeah...didn't happen. I just couldn't deal with the "growing" pains (okay, yes, the pun was intended). It was just really nice to again, have some quiet time to do something for me.

*Sunday we had the opportunity to attend another ward where Ryan was privileged to speak to their youth (12-18 years of age) about a few tidbits he felt would make the biggest difference in their lives at this time. I was SO proud of him...I always am, but I love watching him teach...he's so good at it. I was also so pleased that I could be there...often that is not the case.

*And today, Monday, since it's the holiday (sadly not for my husband, but for everyone else) we didn't have any commitments that we had to meet, so we took it easy this morning...and not just because I was having a slow day. I got to rest on the couch while holding Braeden and watching Elmo's World. I helped Bradley play with his lacing cards. And I'm currently listening to the boys laugh at each other while they're supposed to be eating lunch. I really am blessed to have 2 wonderful children and to have the opportunity to stay home with them.

2 comments:

HeatherH said...

It sounds like you've had a really nice weekend. I always love getting my hair cut. What a treat to pamper yourself and you also get to look good! Love you!

Lovely Lisa said...

Yaay for pampering! I'm glad you had a good weekend.