Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ray of Light- Sudoku Son

Bradley is a bright kid...always has been. Even when he was only 18 months he knew all of his letters and the sounds they made. Trust me this is not bragging, he just came hard wired that way.

He has recently taken up Bejeweled and for a kid that's just barely 4...he's good! Heck, he has the highest top score of family (he WAY beat my score and I'm pretty good).

Anyway, I figured, "If he enjoys Bejeweled, then maybe he'd like Sudoku." Surprise, surprise...he loves it.
I bought him a few kids Sudoku books and he did 20 puzzles yesterday out of Learn & Play Sudoku for First Grade. Sure they're easier versions, but still they're for first graders and he did them.
Again, I'm not trying to brag. I figure he's got interests and so you might as well feed them.
The "Ray of Light" from this is not that he was so smart to be able to do them, but more that he was enjoying the same type of puzzle games that I love. I can't wait until he grows up and we can do speed mind games...I know he'll whip me, but it will be so fun. I love it! It made my day!

5 comments:

Vicky said...

I remember how smart he was the last time I saw him, and he was under 2 years old.

How cool that he's doing sudoku puzzles! Your kids are getting so old!

Megan said...

Isn't it sad to think that our kids will soon be smarter than us? Whitney is already too smart for her own good. I guess that means that we are doing something right as moms...right? :)

Mara Hinton said...

Oh goodness, sudoku is my newest addiction!!! And I mean seriously...I have to fight the urge to do it instead of homework, work, paying attention in class, making dinner...hahaha, I really am just a math nerd at heart. Bradley and I should be friends!

Unknown said...

I also am a Sudoku addict. Mike HATES when I start doing Sudoku becasue I will never stop-- he hides my books sometimes so that I will do something else! Go Bradley!

Lovely Lisa said...

He's a good boy. He takes after his awesome parents. :)