Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ray of Light- The Wonders of Yoga!

In a recent email my brother-in-law (he's away in New York serving a mission) mentioned that he was having trouble sleeping. Boy do I EVER understand that. I told him about some of the sleeping pills that have worked well for me and then I also suggested some yoga stretches before he goes to bed.After writing that, I realized that I REALLY needed to practice what I preached. I knew yoga stretches could help calm you and make it easier to sleep, but I'd never done any at bedtime before.

HALLELUJAH! (Think the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing this!)

It has SERIOUSLY been the best thing for me. Sure I don't sleep perfectly now, but I found a great set of exercises from Fitness Magazine...8-Minute Workout: Yoga for Better Sleep. In just 8 minutes I feel SO much more relaxed and ready to go into a restful sleep.

In the past I had to read myself to sleep, but now I just have to decide I'm feeling kind of sleepy, do my yoga stretches, and "POOF" I'm totally relaxed and ready to sleep. Sure I still take some reading time, but I don't have to push myself until I'm SO exhausted, which I'm sure not doing that already makes my sleep better.

This 8 Minute Workout has been a HUGE "Ray of Light" that comes in the darkness of the night!

LOVE IT!!!!! (Think Weezy from Dragon Tales!)

4 comments:

Jen and Joe. said...

I neeeeeeeeeeeed that yoga workout. I'm going to try it and let you know how it works! Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear,
Read some of your posts and liked them. Do take out some time to visit the website about Art Of Living
It has brought a ray of hope in my life, hope it can be helpful to u as well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear,
take out some time to visit the website about artofliving.org, Art Of Living. It has brought a ray of hope in my life, hope it can be helpful to u as well.

Unknown said...

its nice...