Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ray of Light

So I realized, that while things have been crazy, that was no excuse for me to stop noticing the good things around me.  So here are a few from the past few days:

*I love the way the light reflects off of snow.  It makes for such a beautiful, bright day.

*Welcome to the new generation...instead of imaginary friends, Bradley constantly has a "computer friend" playing with him all the time, as well as often a "computer bad guy."  I guess he's played enough computer and video games to be used to playing with someone all the time, even when he's really not.  It just made me smile.

*I've GOT to get a picture of it next time it happens, but we have a corkscrew willow tree in our front yard, so the branches are all twisty and curvy...really pretty cool.  But what makes them even more cool is frost.  It's happened a few times this year, but when the branches get a thick layer of frost on them it's the coolest thing.  I'll try to get a picture next time it happens and post it...even though it won't do it justice, at least you'll get some idea of what I'm talking about.

*I was having a pretty hard morning today, and then I FINALLY pulled myself out of it enough to go down and exercise, and I'm so glad I did.  It really does wonders for my emotional state.  It doesn't make everything all better, but it usually allows me to actually function.  Thank heavens for those positive endorphins.

1 comment:

Jeanerbee said...

I love reading your positive comments... they always make me take a took on the brighter side of things!