Thursday, January 29, 2009

And the winner is...(drum roll please)

So as some of you may have noticed (or maybe not...who knows), I was given the "One Lovely Blog Award" by my sweet friend, Lara of Overstuffed. I was truly honored to get such an award from her because if I had to assign this award to any blog, her's is the first that comes to mind.  She has been friend of mine since we were in a ward together over 5 years ago.  I love her wit, wisdom, and beautiful blog.  WELL worth the time to check out.

In addition, to being given this lovely award, I too get the chance to pass it on to 5 truly lovely bloggers.  Okay, so this was WAY TOO HARD.  I seriously have stayed up at night trying to decide who to pick and I REALLY didn't want to offend anyone.  Seriously, all of the blogs I have listed are so great, but I had to narrow it down.  The big kicker was if your blog was public or not.  I figured if I'm going to post these blogs, then others should be able to go look at them.  I also, had to think about what my first descriptor of your blog would have been, and although lovely is definitely true for most of you, sassy, or funny, or informative came up first for some.  BLAH!  Okay, so you can totally see this is stressing me out, and with depression that's not a good idea.  So just know I LOVE all of your blogs and I just had to choose so NOTHING personal if I didn't pick yours.

And the winners are (in no particular order)...

Lori of Pursuits of Happiness.  Lori is a truly lovely person. We met when I started working at Deseret Towers.  I admit I've often felt intimidated by her beautiful writing, but then I felt bad about that because she would never want me to feel that way.  So if you want to laugh, cry, smile, think, or just plain have a good read, visit her blog.

Heather of Scatter Joy .  Heather and I met when we were co-workers in college.  Those were some crazy days, but I have fond memories of them.  Heather has always made me think of sophistication and beauty and her blog is no different.  She also occasionally contributes to the Sassy Mom Shoppe which is a lovely blog as well.

Kenna of Kenna's Corner. Kenna is one of my newer friends.  We just met a few months ago, but I already love her blog.  She is a wonderful person with a beautiful heart and I feel so blessed to know her.

Anna-Lisa of Rantipoling About. Anna-Lisa and I met when I was working at Deseret Towers.  We've been through a lot together and we're only stronger for it.  Her blog is filled with her life, like most of ours, but I love the wit and humor she uses, especially as she describes the life of a newly-wed, grad student. 

And last but not least, Vicky of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Vicky and I go WAY back (i.e. Junior High) and thanks to Vicky we've kept the friendship strong.  She too, is a truly lovely person as is her blog.  So I was going to say what I loved most about her blog, but I can't decide which I love most, so here are some things that I love about her blog: (1) Her blog has such a truly upbeat and uplifting vibe.  Just like the title of her blog, she sees the best in things and people and portrays that in her writing.  (2) She is constantly blogging about the amazing people in her life.  She could just be self focused, but she is SO other focused.  (3) She has a strong love for God and she is constantly showing that in her blog.  I love that she isn't afraid to share what she believes. 

So to all 5 of you truly lovely bloggers, thank you!

6 comments:

Vicky said...

Congratulations on the award! You deserve it. I love reading your "Rays of Light."

Those are definitely some great blog picks, too! I have to agree that Lori's is one of my favorites, and I'm also often intimidated by it!

Lara Neves said...

Thanks for the kind words, Marianne! I am just like you, I stress over the blog awards big time. I never want to hurt someone's feelings.

Thanks again for your blog. I love reading it, even though I don't always comment. You always help me realize my blessings.

lori said...

Marianne!!

OK. Are you ready for a long comment?! Here we go!
You are a darling about the lovely blog award business! I actually got a big lump of gratitude in my throat to see that you not only read, but enjoy my blog. And you're right: I would be S A D if you felt intimidated by it! (Vicky...you too!!)
But after the lump of gratitude, I felt a lump of quilt! Here's why! I was so impressed when I got your initial e-mail about this blog! I thought the idea of blogging about a difficult struggle was so brave. I wanted to do what you suggested and read your posts from the beginning. I didn't get started until shortly after Spencer was born. I remember sitting in my parents living room (where I was doing my maternity leave) reading for the entirity of one of Spencer's naps - tears often in my eyes. But I didn't get through all of the posts that day (I'm the number one slow reader of the word). And it's taken me all this time, reading a post here and there, to be almost caught up! And in the whole catching up process, I haven't yet left a comment! I keep thinking, "when I finish, I'll tell Marianne how inspiring it has been to read about this journey and how much it has encouraged me to seek out the glimmers of light on my own dark days!" But, good heavens! I didn't need to wait to say that, did I?? So there you have it. I think you're an inspiration!!! And I don't use those exclamation points lightly! Thank you for sharing so much of your beautiful self through this blog. I look forward to finishing my catch up...and I look forward to conintuing to read your posts! And I won't wait anymore to comment!

And I'm so glad you mentioned Ana-Lisa's blog - it'll be fun to link over!

And...I think that's all for now! Sorry for the novel =)

Vicky said...

Marianne, You are so sweet! Thank you for your kind words-- it's totally made my evening :)

I miss you!!!!!

Kenna said...

Marianne,

Thank you for your beautiful blog on such a personal issue. It is inspiring to read your thoughts. Thanks so much for the award! I'm so glad you came into my life!

HeatherH said...

Wow - I am VERY flattered to be listed next to some very lovely blogs. You are so sweet! I can't wait to post my favorite blogs!