Friday, March 27, 2009

Thank You, Ryan

Thank you Ryan for bringing tears to my eyes. Tears of gratitude, tears of pain, tears of love, tears of hope, tears of understand, and tears of SO much more.  I have wanted you to express your perspective for SO long and reading your eloquent words has proved to be worth every moment of nagging you to write them.

Intellectually I knew that "we" had depression, but emotionally I was, and am, so often in a shroud of darkness that I was blind to the pain of those around me. The best I can do is to imagine what I would be feeling if I was watching Ryan struggle in the way I am. It would definitely be "we" and not just "him."

I have SO often told others that I have a tremendous husband. Even just last night I told my sweet neighbor that the Lord OBVIOUSLY knew who I needed as a husband. Thank you for being the love of my life. Thank you for "[following me] into greater lights."

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Living with depression is not easy and I just want to thank you both for putting into words the way it is for families who struggle with it.

I know I married the right man for me as well. It's difficult to understand how hard it is for others living with it, whose husbands have not had the training ours have had.

Keep up the good fight...love you all!