Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pay it Forward...Blog Style

I saw the following on friend Kim's blog :

I've seen this on a lot of blogs lately and LOVE the idea, here’s how it works: the first 3 people to leave a comment on this post will receive, at some point during the year, some homemade goodies from me. What it will be and when it will arrive is a total surprise! The catch is that you must participate as well. Before you leave your comment, write up a pay it forward post on your blog to keep the fun going (or copy and paste like I did). Then come back, let me know you’re going to play and sit back and anticipate the arrival of your goodies! Please submit in an e-mail or on the comment, your address, if I don’t have it already. Remember that only the first 3 comments will receive a gift from me, so be quick! Have fun!

I think it's a really fun idea, plus I like anything that makes you stop and think about someone else for a moment.  As I try to do as often as my currently volatile emotional state will allow, I like to look around me a think of how I've been blessed, and blogging has truly saved my life in many ways.  I know many of you that know me might be scratching your head right about now, but although "traditional" blogging, as I call it, (i.e. write about all the cute things you and your family are doing) stresses me out to NO end (I just don't feel like I can keep up), being about to have an outlet for my feelings has been so cathartic for me and so I thank all of you that have been willing to hang in there with me.  I thank you for your comments.  I thank you for checking back even when there's been a LARGE gap in posts.  I thank you for just plain being there.

3 comments:

What's the Fancy Dance? said...

What a great idea Marianne and I love giving and receiving goodies in the mail. I found your blog after you moved and have wished that I had done more to help you while you lived here. You are such a great person and I think the world of you. I must tell you that just recently Ashton was talking about the "best Primary teachers she had that moved away." Thank you for leaving an impression on her like you have so many.

Kim said...

Since you left me a comment, it's only fair that I leave you one! Maybe we should just get together for a movie night and each bring a treat. :)

Shauna said...

Yahoo! Please count me in! I l♥ve to pay it forward! I posted it here on my blog:
http://trying2staycalm.blogspot.com/2009/02/pay-it-forward_24.html