Friday, July 25, 2008

It was just hormones...

I was sitting in the tiny hospital room; my bed nearly touching the walls. I was thankful for the solitude, but desperately lonely at the same time. I was feeling frantic. I could barely read (reading is usually like breathing for me) and the thought of making my long list of phone calls was more than I could handle. Something wasn't quite right.

My trip to the hospital was not for injury, but for something infinitely more happy...my 2nd son's birth...so why wasn't I happy? My dear sweet husband was there by my side the entire labor and delivery...he's always there...but due to our living thousands of miles from our parents and over 400 miles to our closest realtive he had a responsibility to our then 2 year old son. Great friends of ours watched him during the delivery, but now that all of that was done and since I sent young Braeden to the nursery except to eat, I should have been able to handle it...but I couldn't.

Needless to say I was more than happy to leave the next day after my allowed 24 hour stay. When my husband came back to pick us up my mood started to level out and I attributed my anxiety from the night before to hormones and put it behind me.

No comments: