Friday, September 18, 2009

When Something Wrong is Something Good

Phew, I won't even try to apologize for my lack of posts...craziness is just my reality right now.

But hopefully in the months to come my craziness will morph into a more manageable , I don't know, dull roar. Anyway, about a month ago I went to my gynecologist and as part of my lovely yearly check had a full hormonal panel done. Never in my life have I been so glad to give blood and so hoping there was something diagnosably wrong with me...or something ELSE wrong with me.

After a LONG weekend of waiting, I found at that not only was my thyroid out of whack, but my progesterone levels were VERY low. So like my title suggests, this is one of those times when something wrong is something very good. In both of these cases, there really should be a relatively minor "fix" (i.e. medication or a cream).

As I said, it's been about a month and I have seen some change. We'll see how things continue and I pray it will just get better. Just remember...wrong isn't always bad.

9 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

Phew... that would explain a lot. Thanks for the update! Glad you got some answers

Liz Johnson said...

I'm so glad! That sounds like an answer to prayer to me!! I'm glad to hear from you.

Lara Neves said...

My progesterone is also very low, and if I don't keep up on it, I feel it. I'm so glad that you figured something out! Here's to feeling better!

Fromagette said...

Sometimes it is such a relief to find out there is something wrong! I hope it makes a difference.

Lessa said...

So glad to see another post! I agree with the title of your post. For me, it's always a relief to know what's wrong and not just to know that something's wrong, but have no idea what it is. I hope these fixes keep helping :)

Jonny said...

Good luck. I hope the changes come quickly and stick around. :)

Vicky said...

I've been thinking about you recently, so I'm really glad to see a post on your blog! Glad to know that you got some answers. That's alwasy nice.

HeatherH said...

I'm so glad you were able to have your blood tested. Hopefully the medicine will continue to work and things will improve for you! Love you!

Charlotte said...

I hope you are feeling better! I always hope there is something tangible wrong with me so there is some validation for how I'm feeling (plus, it means they might be able to fix it).