Thursday, July 2, 2009

Your Prayers Are Felt

Thank you SO much for the many who have prayed for me lately. By no means am I out of the woods so to speak, but can feel your love and prayers. Even just this morning I was reading an article from this month's Ensign called A Scripture That Changed My Life and nearly all of the scriptures touched my heart. The article is well worth reading, but here are the scriptures that were especially poignant to me:

2nd Corinthians 12:9-10
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
D&C 59:23
23 But learn that he who doeth the works of righteousness shall receive his reward, even peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come.

Revelation 7:17
17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

6 comments:

Bridget said...

I'm sorry things are rough. Thanks for sharing these scriptures. Take care.

rantipoler said...

I haven't been good at following or blogging since I've been going through some woods of my own lately, but I just wanted to let you know that I love you and so does our Heavenly Father, and sometimes His love is the only thing powerful enough to get us through.

Chris said...

Love you Marianne. Remember that year at S hall- you taught us so much. You can do it.

Julie said...

Marianne- I'm thinking of you! Thanks for being willing to share your journey with others. I think you're great!

Jeanerbee said...

Oh Marianne - I just read this. I've been so busy with our move etc... I've been wondering about you as I noticed you weren't posting here or on our forum.... I feel for you and your family and will pray for you! I miss hearing from you, and hope you are able to grasp ahold of that hope and light that you so beautifully wrote about...

Liz Johnson said...

I'm thinking about you, Marianne. I love you!