Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I am thankful...

As I called the tow truck today part of me wanted to scream, another part wanted to cry.  We just (as in last month) took Ryan's car in to have the transmission replaced and $2400 later we had a working car.  But as I stopped and looked at the situation I realized we are TREMENDOUSLY blessed and this really is just a minor bump in the road, even if it ends up being expensive.

I am thankful for...
*My husband
*My children
*My family (extended, in-laws, etc.)
*My religion (and ALL that comes with it...and that's a LOT)
*My home
*Ryan's Job...especially during this time that so many people do not have a job, good paying or otherwise.
*My friends
*Modern medicine that makes my life with depression possible
*Good books that fill my life with sweet escapes
*The Internet which keeps me connected to people all over the world
*Lightly falling snow which creates a truly unique silence over this cluttered world
*Sunshine which uplifts the soul
*Music Makers which brings happiness and joy to my children and therefore me
*Craft Group which keeps me sane
*Silly TV shows that help me unwind after a crazy day
*Words of encouragement and love that could only come from my husband
....and SO many more things

So although my natural inclination is to freak out, I know the Lord will bless us.  We've done all that we can and from there it is in the Lord's hands...for good or for bad.  And in the prophetic words of Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, "Come what may, and love it!"

4 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

I am grateful for you and your blog!!!! I love reading what you have to say!!

Also, I have to plug Smith Garage in Provo. We have family that drives from SLC to get their cars repaired there... they're HONEST as can be, and will always tell you if you can get a better deal elsewhere, and what really needs to be fixed. But they're also honest in that they won't pass your car for emissions/inspections unless it actually passes. And they're cheap. Trust me, once you see the shop, you'll realize that they're not putting ANY money into overhead. :) They're on Columbia Lane in Provo.

Steph said...

That sounds familiar. Over the holidays we had two ER trips and our muffler fell off our car. It was expensive but the Lord still blessed us so that the nessecities were taken care of. We are so lucky to have the gospel.

Kathryn Palmer said...

It is funny how trials make us thankful for what we have.

lori said...

ah! Car problems are such a pain!! The cost is lame - but it's more than that...it's always just so unexpected and inconvenient! So I say: way to find reasons to be grateful and optimistic!